Went running again this morning and it was freaking worth it!
I stepped out of my house when it was still dark, then in like ten minutes, the sky went from black to blue striken with fluffy white and pink clouds and all the building around had a shimmering shadow, like there was an enormous pile of sparkling gold hidden behind them.
Second, my GetRunning app crashed at some point, so I decided to forget that I was meant to run for 25 minutes and I just went and I think I ran 32/33 minutes which is a huge achievement, considering that two minutes was enough to get me into apnea 6 weeks ago.
Only 3 weeks ago I was asking to myself if running does it ever become pleasant and I listed what I thought were my running-related pleasures:
– the smell of coffee when I get back home
– the wonderful skies in the morning
– the amazed/respectful glance of chubby dog owners that bump into me in the park
– the wonderful playlists that I put together
now I have to add a couple:
– the feeling of accomplishment when you achieve your daily goal. Well, no, to be honest I don’t feel accomplished, I feel a freaking super-hero!
– the first 15 minutes (so far), when your muscles are not sore yet and you are still able to breath without sounding like a pervert on the phone, and you feel utterly light and free and invincible.